We are looking for a Head Cashier/Manager who would love the opportunity to lead a team. We are growing, green and local!
Job Title: Head Cashier/Manager
Responsible To: General Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Role and Responsibilities: The Head Cashier/Manager is expected to manage all aspects of the checkout & sales area environment.
- A positive, customer service oriented and helpful attitude.
- Scheduling, training, problem solving and motivating staff
- Ability to communicate helpful information to our customers in clear and pleasant way.
- Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards, and register receipts.
- Computer literacy a must.
- Previous experience in a retail environment a must.
- Willingness to work with a wide range of products.
- Capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, twisting and standing for long periods of time.
- Operate registers, scanners, scales and credit card/debit card terminals.
- Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards, checks, and prepare deposits.
- Able to handle transactions quickly and accurately.
- Handle exchanges and refunds in a quick, efficient manner.
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers.
- Maintain accurate cash drawer.
- Able to manage and schedule cashier associates to make sure all shifts are covered.
- Interview, hire, and train new cashier associates as needed.
- Able to resolve staffing conflicts.
- Formulate list of daily tasks and ensure completion.
- Evaluate performance of cashier associates and provide feedback.
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions.
- Maintain that the checkout area is clean, safe and organized.
- Make cashier associates aware of store policies, safety procedures and customer service standards.
- Task front counter staff to keep the checkout and all customer & sales areas clean and orderly.
- Receive and tag incoming product accurately.
Active Learner – Seek to be on-trend in customer service and acquire knowledge of product lines.
Team Focused – Ability to seek guidance from and relay information as necessary to assure outstanding customer service.
Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help both customers and staff.