‘Little Lime’ This is a big award winner in a small package! At mature size it will reach 3-5′ tall and wide but that doesn’t mean it won’t have an impact because it certainly will! Big flowers open in rich lime green that becomes crisp and intense as the season progresses. As the weather cools each bloom shows varying amounts of green, pink, and red right through fall. All paniculatas are reliable and ‘Little Lime’ lives up to their reputation.
Small Plant – Big Awards
2016 – Selected as landscape plant of the year
2015 – Awarded a Gold Medal from The Royal Boskoop Horticultural Society.
2013 – Awarded Plantarium Gold Medal
2013 – Green is Life Bronze Medal
2011 – American Nursery & Landscape Association (ANLA) Management Clinic Best New Plant award.
The height of beauty & reliability
Panicled hydrangeas are nothing less than spectacular with a commanding presence in any landscape or garden. Their big cone-shaped blooms take on the summer with startling beauty as well as reliability. Since all of the flower buds form in early spring, winter can’t get its frozen fingers on them. In other words, no hydrangea disappointment!
Why bring at least one ‘Little Lime’ into your landscape
- Big long-lasting blooms from midsummer through fall.
- Zero winter damage.
- Versatility. Great for borders, as small trees, in groupings, in foundation plantings, or as a specimen.
- Not especially picky about soil quality. Of course, every plant can benefit from good soil health.
- Adapts to a wide range of light conditions. They can be grown in part shade although full sun will result in better blooming in our region.
- No amendments needed for bloom color. The color changes in paniculatas are natural to the plant.
- Easy maintenance. Prune in late winter for the strongest stems, feed once in the spring with a slow release granular food, and then a dose of liquid food in midsummer.