Printable Version Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) Christmas decoration or plant lover's challenge? flowers (bracts) should last for 2—6 months. General Care
- Temperature: keep above 60oF while flowering.
- Light: Bright light during winter, keep away from drafts – In summer, keep out of direct sun if plant is to be kept for next Christmas.
- Water: Water thoroughly - wait until soil is moderately dry before watering again. Water immediately if leaves begin to wilt. Water more in summer.
- Air Humidity: Mist plant frequently during while flowering.
- After Flowering Care: Discard or keep to rebloom next year. For reblooming follow instructions below.
- Propagation: Take stem cuttings in early summer. Use a rooting hormone.